Rotate your device to the Horizontal for best display

TOWN OF Ischua

ischua of today and the original town of Ischua in Cattaraugus county never had a territorial connection. the old township of the name embraced lands whose south line forms the north bounds of the present organization, or , more definitely, all that part of the county lying north of the line running east and west between the third and fourth tiers of lots of the Holland Land Company's survey.  The present town of Ischua was erected from Hinsdale on  the 7th of February, 1846, and until March 27, 1855, was known as Rice .  Since the latter date its territory has been designated, Ischua, an Indian name which had previously been applied to the principal stream of eastern Cattaraugus.  The township lies upon the east side of the county in ranges three and four, and comprises the most of the town three in the ranges of the Holland survey.   - Adam's Historical Gazetteer of Cattaraugus County  Chapter XLIX

Town Officials
Town Historian Town Clerk
Rose Edwards de Cordova
5605 Route 16
Hinsdale, NY 14743
557-8809 (H)
Kelle J. Brisky
5557 Dutch Hill Rd.
Hinsdale, NY 14743
Hours: Mon. 6:30-8:30 PM or by appointment
557-2498 (H)
kjbrisky@yahoo.com
From Cattaraugus County Directory, dated April 1, 2021
A Picture of a Tombstone

Ischua Cemeteries

NAME LOCATION
Abbotts Located in the Hamlet of Abbotts
Bristol located between Route 446 and Cuba Lake.
Carpenter Hill formally Hibner Cemetery
Dutch Hill (Formally Maple Hill) Located on the Gile Hollow Road
Fitch located of Route 16 Between Ischua and Franklinville
Ischua Cemetery Located in the Village of Ischua.
Yankee Hill On Yankee Hill Road aka Wilson Cemetery
Contributed by Jerry Babcock 1944-2010