Butler Snow Williams Burial Site Cemetery
Butler Snow Williams Burial Site is located on the west side of VanVleck Road at 12053, near the hamlet of Versailles. The names on the stones include William Butler, Charles Snow and John Williams. It is believed there is at least one additonal unmarked burial.
Mohawk Family CemeteryMohawk Family Cemetery is located on the west side of Indian Hill Road, facing north, in the side yard of a residence. Of the six graves, only one grave is marked, that of Mary Ellen Stafford - died 1984.
Crouse Family CemeteryCrouse Cemetery is located on the south side of Burning Springs Road near the hamlet of Versailles. It is unclear exactly how many other graves there may be, but they all are believed to be members of the Crouse family.
Lee CemeteryLee Cemetery is located on the east side of Indian Hill Road. A double stone reads Edna M Lee - died 1982 and Hilton W Lee - died 1982. It is unclear exactly how many other graves there may be.
Stafford CemeteryStafford Cemetery is located on the south side of a small, unnamed dirt road off of Indian Hill Road. There are six or eight burials including Warren, Roscoe, Eunice, Alex and Jimmy Stafford and Richard Henshaw.
Willaims Burial SiteMamie Williams and Robert Williams Burial Site is located west of Van Vleck Road not far from the Butler Snow Williams burial site near the hamlet of Versailles. It is unknown exactly how many other gravea there may be at this location.
Mallory Cemetery is located north of the former village of Perrysburg on the east side of North Road/CR58 at the intersection of Plank Road. The drive into the cemetery is a path going east with gaves on the south side behind a wall of evergreens.
According to “A Guide to Burial Sites, Cemeteries an Random Stones in Cattaraugus County, New York” by Marlynn McNallie Olson, “An original stone from this cemetery is in several pieces in the Perrysburg Town Hall Museum. It is for Revolutionary War soldier, Lemuel Minor. There is a ‘gun’ etched/engraved on the bottom of the stone. A reproduction of the stone is in the cemetery now and when placing the new stone on the site, while digging, they found another piece of the original stone with a poem on it. The poem is not on the reproduction.”
This cemetery is referenced in the county history book of 1879 and on the county maps of 1856 and 1869.
Mallory Cemetery on Findagrave.com
No Name CemeteryT This unnamed cemetery was located west of the former Village of Perrysburg, on the south side of NY route 39 approximately 800 feet east of the intersection at Hooker Hill Road. It contained the burial sites of early settlers to the area. This cemetery has disappeared. If anyone has any information about this cemetery, please contact the Cattaraugus County Coordinator.
Pelton CemeteryPelton Cemetery was located north of the former Village of Perrysburg, on the south east corner of North Road/CR58 at the intersection of Parker Road. It is unclear if any stones remain after the road was widened at the intersection. Two known persons buried there include Egbert Pelton - died 1848 and Marvin Pelton - died 1860. It is not known if there were other burials.
Star SiteStar Site was located west of the former Village of Perrysburg, on the north side of NY route 39. The only family name anyone remembers is Starr. A piece of an original stone from the cemetery with the name of ‘Fred’ was placed in the Perrysburg Town Hall Museum. It is unclear the exact number of burials in this destroyed cemetery.
Contributed by Judith Quinn