Among the settlers of 1820 were Dr. Phineas Noble, settled on lot 33. Artemus Houghton located on lot 49 and Levi Stevens on lot21. The latter had a family of eight children, viz; Wm., Charles, Amariah, Silas, George W., Marlin P., Judson D., and Hannah Mariah. Horace and Erastus Hall located on lot 55. Walter, Daniel S. and Lewis Thorpe located on lot 61 (near Elm Creek). They were natives of Delaware County. The children of Lewis P. Thorpe were Harriet, Cordelia, Caroline, Mary, George and Frank. John Tracy, a soldier in the war of 1812, partially cleared three farms.
In 1821, the following persons settled in Napoli: Hubbard and John L. Latham on lot 44, Leverett Wellman from Genesee County on lot 52. Joseph and Silas Miller bought all of lot 20. Silas returned to their native town in Cayuga County and worked at his trade of carpenter and joiner in Auburn. Joseph remained and married Maria Boardman. They had one daughter Elizabeth. Joseph Miller built the first frame barn in the town. He died in 1827 and in February 1828 Silas Miller returned to Napoli with his wife and baby daughter, Ann Eliza. He built a frame house for his home. Later, another daughter, Betsy Marie and a son Joseph, were born to them, the son, however, dying in infancy. The present Jamestown Road from lot 13 to Napoli Corners (lot 35) was indicated only by a line of blazed (marked) trees in 1828 when Silas Miller moved his family into the town. John Noran also settled in the town that year, locating on lot 27.
In 1822, Benjamin Hillman, a shoemaker, located on lot 27 and erected a temperance tavern which is still standing at the present date, being occupied as a residence by Fred Congdon. Nathaniel Burbank, from Genesee County, settled on lot 13. He raised a family of eight children; viz: Ansel, Hiram, George, Austin, Ann Eliza, Emmeline, Olive and Rowena. Henry Earle settled on lot 43 and Silas Earle on lot 44, Nathan Bennett on lot 59, Ariel Wellman on lot 53, Silas Bouton on lot 34. The last named was county clerk of Cattaraugus County in 1817, he being the first to hold that office. He came to Napoli from Olean. John Milks was a settler on lot 53. His children were: Hiram, George, John, Benjamin, Giles, Martin, David, Debbie, Mina and Polly. Samuel Allen came from Rhode Island and bought the Parmelee Farm. He was a cattle dealer and a lumberman. He had one son, Samuel. Andrew Green settled on lot 28 and Hardy Finch, a native of Fairfield County, Connecticut, on lot 6. Stephen Curtis from Schoharie County located on lot 55; Joseph Woodworth also came to Napoli in 1822. He was a Revolutionary soldier. Elijah Boardman located on lot 27, Moses Cook on lot 34. The last named started the first store. Ira Dunning, a Presbyterian minister located on lot 34; and Oliver Paddock, a native of Connecticut on lot 35. Wheeler and Peter Beardsley came from Erie County and located on lot 38.
In 1823, Marshall Whitcomb located on lot 53. Gordon Chesborough located on lot 27.
In 1824, Caleb Ayde, a revolutionary soldier, located on lot 15. His children were: Ansel, William, Oscar, Lucretia and Betsey. Abel and Amos Merchant located on lot 56. Eastman Prescott, who carried the first mail from Ellicottville to Randolph, located on lot 50 and Samuel Hawley on lot 26.
In 1825, Hiram Freeman located on lot 27. His children were: Joan, Purnell, Lida, Lyman, Martin, Hiram and Phoebe. Timothy Everett settled on lot 35. Tunis Van Tassel located on lot 5 and opened a log tavern. Jacob Lyon located on lot 55 and William Palmer on lot 6. Reuben and James Wait settled on lots 26 and 37. Peleg Wait on lot 40, Daniel Nichols on lot 58. Amasa Bushnell was the son of a revolutionary soldier, came to Napoli in 1825. In 1826, Seneca Morton came to Napoli; Darius Fish settled on lot 50 and Ephriam Fish on lot 29. Amasa Darling on lot 46 and Ambrose Waterman on lot 12. William J. Wilcox, a Congregational minister, came to Napoli in October, 1826, from Massachusetts and located on lots 34 and 35. He had five sons and one daughter, viz: Lansing, Gordon, Lysander, Austin, Samuel and Mary. The last married Dr. Harmon and lived on lot 35. Amasa Bushnell, a native of Connecticut and a revolutionary soldier, settled on lot 54. He had six sons and two daughters, viz: James, Josiah, Ashbel, Amasa, Chauncey, Elias, Nancy and Betsey. William M. Champlin lived on lot 38. He had a family of eleven children, viz: William, George, DeWitt, Delos, Andrew, Jerome, John, Mary Ann, Arville, Sarah and Laura.
In 1827, Ezra Glover located on lot 54. Henry Glover son of Ezra, married Emily Lyon. Seven children were born to them, viz: Josephine, Lafayette, Gordon, Emily, Henry, Cora and William. John Champlin settled on lot 47. His children were; John B.F., LaFrance, Cordelia, Susan, Alfred and Blanche. Stephen Gladden came from Onondaga County and settled on lot 38. His children were; Mary, Sarah and George. A grand-daughter, Mrs. Bliss, still resides on the original farm. Harvey Janes and his father, Ebenezer, located on lot 34. His children were Virena, Ellen, Emma, Sarah, Edwin and Otis. Also in 1823 Roswell Roberts located on lot 23. He had two sons and one daughter, viz: albert, Abner, and Hannah. Oliver Burt located on lot 23. His sons were; Oliver, Jairus, Saul, Sophia, Thankful and Electa. Jonas Glazier who was a Baptist minister, located on lot 39. John Ralston on lot 12 and Robert Ralston on lot 11. In 1828, richard Boardman came from Onondaga County and located on lot 42. Loren Burroughs also located on the same lot. Asher and Joshua Boardman were other settlers on the same lot. Walter settled on lot 8, Asa Maynard on lot 5 and Horace Cowles of lot 30.
In 1830, Austin Davis located on lot 5, Enoch Chase on lot 46, Jeremiah and Lindsey Morton on lot 57, Calvin Doolittle on lot 38. The last named was a Baptist minister. John Armes located on lot 40. He had one son Luther.
Orris Marsh, who was a native of Windham County, Vermont came to Cattaraugus County in 1826 and to Napoli in 1832. He was a merchant for nineteen years, postmaster for three years and supervisor for twenty-three years. His children were; Emily, Fayette, and Louisa..
John Peaslee came from Schoharie County in 1823, locating on lot 62. His sons and daughters were; Joseph, Elizabeth, Omera, Cynthia, Jane and Adeline. Stephen Hoxsie and son Thomas came to Napoli from Rhode Island in 1839 and located on lot 44, his sons and daughters were; Charles, Sarah, Mary, John and Thomas.
Chauncey Bushnell located on lot 12 about 1838. His children were; Loren, Clarissa, Martin, Frank and Amelia. Benjamin Congdon, came from Rhode Island to Napoli in 1841 and purchased the Andrew Greene farm on lot 28. He was the son of James Congdon. His sons and daughters were: William H., Harriet, Susan, Catherine, James and Edwin. David Gray came in 1845; his children were: Betsey, Mary, Nathan, Samuel, George, Joseph, Eliza and Harriet. George served as private in Co. E 154th N.Y. Volunteers. Myron Newell came to the town in 1851 and settled on lot 19. He had two daughters and three sons, viz: Harriet, Sarah, S. Atwood, James and Henry. Charles Sibley moved from New Albion to Napoli in 1842. His children were: Harriet, Sherman, Charlotte, Amanda, Judson, Horace, Orrin, Eben and Amenzo. Zalmon Smith came in 1855. George Whipple enlisted in 1861 in Co. F 64th N.Y. Volunteers, and was discharged in 1864. His children were: Ida, Anna, Asher, Charles, Henry and Pattie.